As an engineer, I am driven by curiosity and a belief in innovation and knowledge.
I believe that policy should be separated from ideology, and that we should seek a more thorough understanding of the complexities involved in important decisions; asking the right questions, determining the fundamental issues, questioning assumptions, and evaluating all options, we can arrive at better solutions that provide a healthy and prosperous future for everyone.
Australia should lead the world in high-tech industries, particularly in renewables, agriculture, and health-care, and I will support businesses to develop these technologies and the workers that manufacture them.
Since graduating with Honours in Mechatronics engineering, I have been working in Australian companies producing high-tech products, and with projects that propel Australia's capabilities in world-wide markets, including:
- encouraging students to pursue STEM careers by volunteering at the Science and Engineering Challenge across the country,
- designing nano-positioners for research into low-cost medical imaging,
- developing electronics and software for ultra-high efficiency engines,
- designing safety-critical systems for oil-and-gas environments, and
- developing state-of-the-art inertial-navigation products.
I have previously ran in the Perth by-election, where people were noticeably surprised that we had such great ideas for the future.
When I am not thinking about the future, you might find me exchanging languages, piloting a hang-glider or light-aircraft, or training to break a cross-fit world-record.
Help me bring consistency and sensibility back to politics, by supporting my campaign with a tax-deductible donation.