We are now
A merger of the Science Party, Pirate Party, Secular Party, Vote Planet and Climate Change Justice Party.
Click here now to find out more about Fusion!
Support Aaron Hammond
Candidate for Perth
How to vote Science in Perth
As an engineer, I am driven by curiosity and a belief in innovation and knowledge.
I believe that policy should be separated from ideology, and that we should seek a more thorough understanding of the complexities involved in important decisions; asking the right questions, determining the fundamental issues, questioning assumptions, and evaluating all options, we can arrive at better solutions that provide a healthy and prosperous future for everyone.
Australia should lead the world in high-tech industries, particularly in agriculture, renewables, and health-care, and I will support businesses to develop these technologies and the workers that manufacture them.
Since graduating with Honours in Mechatronics engineering, I have been working in Australian companies producing high-tech products, and with projects that propel Australia's capabilities in world-wide markets, including:
- encouraging students to pursue STEM careers by volunteering at the Science and Engineering Challenge across the country,
- designing nano-positioners for research into low-cost medical imaging at Newcastle University,
- developing electronics and software for ultra-high efficiency engines at Orbital in Balcatta,
- designing safety-critical systems for oil-and-gas environments at ExBlocks in Malaga, and
- developing state-of-the-art inertial-navigation products at Advanced Navigation in Osborne Park and Sydney.
When I am not thinking about the future, you might find me exchanging languages, piloting a hang-glider or light-aircraft, or training to break a cross-fit world-record.
Help me bring consistency and sensibility back to politics, by supporting my campaign with a tax-deductible donation.